Odoo Module Prototyper
Building Your Custom Module From Odoo Interface
First, I'd like to send many thanks for Savoir-faire Linux, Odoo Community Association
as they had developed GREAT module "Module Protoyper"
This module allows the administrator to prototype new features and export them as
module. Functional people can prepare the job for a developer who is left with
the logic to implement in addition to everything the prototype does not export yet.
To use this module, you need to:
- install the dependencies of your future module
- customize your instance by adding fields and creating inherited views
- create your menu items and their window actions
- prepare your data and demo data by creating filters
- create your own groups with access rights and record rules
- add your own access rights and record rules to an existing group
Once you have customized your instance properly, you can go to Settings > Module Prototypes > Prototypes and create a new prototype:
- fill in the information of your module (enter the name, the description, the logo, etc.)
- in the Depencencies tab, select all the other modules that yours will be depending on
- in the Data & Demo tab, select your filters for data and demo data
- in the Fields tab, select the fields you created or customized
- in the Interface tab, select your menu items and your views
- in the Security tab, select your groups, access rights and record rules
- save and click on export
You will get a zip file containing your module ready to be installed and compliant with the conventions of the OCA. You can then provide the module to a developer who have to implement things like default values or onchange methods.
Make sure you have Jinja2 version 2.7.3 or higher installed: